If you are or are not on the GOLO plan, it is a good idea to cut down on some common items in you diet. One is Ketchup. Here is a recipe to help with the process.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
- 3 6-oz cans/jars of organic tomato paste
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- A pinch of each of the following (to taste)- cinnamon, cloves, allspice, cayenne
- 1 cup water
- Optional- 1 tsp. powdered chia seeds for thickness
- Process chia seeds (if using) in a blender or food processor on high speed for 30 seconds or until finely powdered
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, honey, molasses, salt, dry mustard, and spices to blender or food processor
- Add water and blend on high for 2-3 minutes
- Put in airtight jar and leave in fridge to allow flavors to meld for at least 2 hours