Authentic and the best Thai pineapple fried rice with shrimp, cashew nuts and pineapple. This easy recipe takes only 20 minutes from start to fish and perfect for family dinner tonight.
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
Chinese invented fried rice but it’s the genius of the Thais that make it sinfully delicious.
They adapted the recipe to Thai pineapple fried rice.
With the addition of pineapple, chicken or shrimp, shrimp paste, fish sauce, pineapple fried rice is the best and so delicious!
To make this easy recipe, you will need the following main ingredients:
- Steamed rice
- Cashew nuts
- Fish Sauce
How To Make Pineapple Fried Rice?
You can make authentic pineapple rice in one pot, on a skillet, wok, pan, on stove top – so very little clean up!
First, prep the ingredients for about 10-15 minutes, then fire up a wok or skillet and cook the rice with the ingredients.
The recipe takes only 20 minutes max, from start to dinner table.
For the best results, please follow the cooking tips below:
- Use leftover or overnight steamed rice for this recipe. This will ensure that the rice is grainy and not mushy.
- Use fresh pineapple for the most delicious flavors.
- Serve the dish with fresh lime wedges. Squeeze the fresh lime on the rice before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make it with Chicken?
Yes, absolutely. You can use chicken instead of shrimp for this recipe.
You can also combine chicken and shrimp, if you like.
Is it the Same as Hawaiian Pineapple Fried Rice?
No, this is a Thai recipe. Hawaii has its own version of fried rice with pineapples but it tastes different.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
Calories and nutrition information is important when it comes to carb such as rice.
The good news is that this recipe is low in calories, at only 571 calories.
It’s healthy with zero cholesterol and almost zero fat.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with Thai side dishes. For a wholesome Thai meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai shrimp paste, optional
- 4 oz shelled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
- 8 oz leftover steamed rice
- 4 oz fresh pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 red or green chili, finely sliced, optional
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- Cilantro, for garnishing
- Heat up a wok and add cooking oil. Stir-fry the garlic, and shrimp paste (if using) until aromatic. Add shrimp and stir-fry until half-cooked. Add rice, pineapple pieces, chili (if using) and do a few quick stirs.
- Add fish sauce and dark soy sauce to blend well with rice. Stir-fry for another minute or so, add the cashew nuts, stir to combine well, dish out, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 571Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 41mgSodium 1378mgCarbohydrates 76gFiber 6gSugar 34gProtein 18g