8 T. butter, divided
1 c. minced shallot
1 c. heavy whipping cream
5 oz. cream cheese
1/3 c. mascarpone cheese
16 oz. Creole cream cheese
½ c. minced green onion
4 lbs. lump crabmeat, divided
12 oz. goat cheese, crumbled or sliced that you have enough to cover 12 servings.
2 T. olive oil
Toasted brioche baguette slices
Sliced green onion, garnish
Salt, black pepper, Tabasco to taste
- Preheat oven 350.
- In large skillet, melt 6 T. butter over medium heat.
- Add shallot and saute until softened.
- Add cream and cook until reduced to two-thirds.
- Reduce heat to low, fold in cream cheese and mascarpone.
- Slowly add Creole cream cheese. Sauce will be thin.
- Cook until sauce thickens 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add green onion and let cool.
- Place cream cheese mixture back over low heat to warm.
- Gently fold in 2 lbs. crabmeat. Taste for seasonings.
- Scoop mixture into 12 (6-oz. ramekins or in one large baking dish.)
- Top with goat cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese is hot and slightly melted.
- In large skillet, melt olive oil and remaining 2 T. butter over medium heat.
- Add remaining 2 lbs. crabmeat and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Top dip with sautéed crabmeat and garnish with green onion and Creole seasoning.
- Serve with baquette slices.