Juicy and flavorful curry clams with savory curry sauce. This Malaysian clam recipe is a street food favorite, and can be made at home with my easy recipe!
Whenever I am back in Malaysia, I would never miss out ordering curry clams at “Ikan Panggang” (grilled fish) hawker stalls.
These stalls sell all sorts of grilled seafood, even though their mainstay is fish.
Clam is one of my favorite seafood. Imagine fresh, succulent and briny clams cooked with curry powder and seasonings, and then grilled on a flat griddle….
The thought sets my mouthwatering.
Other Clam Recipes You Might Like
My easy curry clam recipe can be easily replicated at home without having to travel to Malaysia.
This clam recipe calls for simple ingredients:
- Manila clams, cherry stone clams or any hard-shelled clams
- Curry powder
- Oyster sauce
- Chili sauce
You can use just about any clams but I love it with Manila clams.
The sweet and briny taste of clams and the aromatic curry powder deliver a wonderful taste and flavor.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 218 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with other Malaysian recipes. For a wholesome Malaysian meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lb. manila clams
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Malaysian Lingham’s hot sauce or chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, or to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Rinse clams with cold water thoroughly, scrub the shells, drain the water, and set aside.
- Heat up the pan on medium heat, add the cooking oil and stir fry the onion until slightly. Add the clams into the pan and start stirring. As soon as the clams start to open, add curry powder, turmeric powder, hot sauce/chili sauce, oyster sauce, water and stir well with the clams. Cover the pan with its lid and cook for a few minutes or until all clams are open.
- Add scallions, stir to combine well. Dish out and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 218Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 51mgSodium 1114mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 25g