This recipe for Crispy Baked Chicken Wings makes an easy appetizer or quick meal. The wings have a tantalizing coating of sweet, citrusy orange sauce.
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Now, imagine the orange chicken transforming into crispy baked chicken wings in a coating of sticky-sweet orange sauce. Yes, these really are the best baked chicken wings you will ever eat!
Other Chicken Wing Recipes You Might Like:
How to Properly Handle Raw Chicken
Raw chicken has bacteria that can make people very sick. For that reason, it’s important to handle your uncooked chicken wings properly. Keep these tips in mind:
- Use a dedicated plastic cutting board for raw chicken.
- After removing the chicken wings, throw away any packaging so that it doesn’t contaminate your counter tops.
- Wash your hands in hot, soapy water for at least 20 seconds before handling raw chicken wings. Afterward, wash anything that has come in contact with the wings. This includes your hands, cooking utensils, knives, kitchen counters, etc.
- Do not allow raw chicken or its juices to touch any other foods, especially foods that will be eaten uncooked, like celery sticks and dipping sauce.
How long can you keep leftover chicken wings?
Oven baked chicken wings will keep well in the refrigerator for up to four days.
If you want to keep these crispy baked chicken wings for longer than four days, then simply freeze them.
- Allow the wings to cool completely, then place them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the sheet into the freezer for about an hour, then transfer the frozen baked chicken wings into freezer bags or containers. If you use freezer bags, squeeze out as much air as possible to save space.
- Return the wings to the freezer where they will keep well for up to three months.
How to Reheat Frozen Baked Chicken Wings
Allow the wings thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once they are thaw, place the wings on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake them in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
How many calories per serving?
This chicken wings recipe is 344 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with other appetizers. For a dinner party, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 lbs chicken wings tips removed, drumettes and middle sections separated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Rooster brand Huy Fong Garlic Chili Sauce, (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar OR red wine or Chinese white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine OR dry sherry, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the oil, some salt and black pepper. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and then place a baking rack on top. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack, as pictured.
- Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked and crispy, about 45 to 50 minutes. Make sure you keep checking on them.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Orange Sauce in sauce pan. Heat it up until it thickens and slightly bubbles. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- When the wings are done, transfer them out of the oven and add to the Orange Sauce. Toss a few times to coat well.
- Drizzle some sesame seeds and chopped cilantro on top of the chicken wings. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 344Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 94mgSodium 553mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 23g