1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 (8 ½-oz.) box Jiffy cornbread mix
3 eggs, beaten
1 medium onion, chopped
1 T. minced garlic
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ c. melted butter
1 t. salt
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. red pepper
- Place thawed broccoli in kitchen dish rag and squeeze all water out.
- Combine cornbread mix, eggs, onion, cheese, garlic, butter and seasonings. Mix well.
- Stir in broccoli. Batter will be thick.
- Pour mixture into 8” baking pan, sprayed with PAM.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool slightly. Cut into squares.
*You can change up veggies or combine different veggies as well as cheeses and meats. Example: Broccoli, black beans, corn with Monterey Jack cheese.