Asian Cucumber Salad – healthy cucumber salad with Asian spices. So refreshing and easy. A perfect appetizer for any meals.
I love cucumber, it’s so light, fresh and healthy. However, cucumber by itself doesn’t have much of a flavor.
Other Recipes You Might Like
One of my favorite recipes for cucumber is Asian cucumber salad, which is packed full of flavors and utterly delicious.
The key to making a great Asian cucumber salad lies in the dressing. My recipe is garlicky, spicy, savory, with just a touch of sweetness and tartness. The cucumber is crunchy so every bite is bursting with flavors.
Chill the cucumber in the refrigerator for the best results. Asian cucumber salad is a great appetizer, which help to stimulate a healthy appetite. Try my recipe and I am sure you will like it.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 95 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 cucumber, about 8 oz
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Korean chili powder or regular chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnishing
- Rinse the cucumber thoroughly and slice it into pieces. Add the salt to the cucumber, stir gently to combine well. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, chili oil, and sesame oil together, stir to mix well. Make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Drain the salt water from the cucumber. Add the dressing to the cucumber, toss well. Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 3.9gSaturated Fat 0.6gSodium 889mgCarbohydrates 16.2gFiber 1.3gSugar 11.6gProtein 1.3g